GSA Mary E. Switzer Federal Building Renovation and Consolidation
The Mary E. Switzer Building, currently at 594,000 SF was originally constructed in 1939 as an ancillary building to the neighboring Wilbur Cohen Building. This project involves the consolidation of five staff divisions, from 11 separate locations, of the Department of Health and Human Services, to include 1,200 staff members currently in federal-leased space into government-owned space.
AFG provided project and construction management to GSA for this Design/Build with bridging contract. Additionally, AFG is responsible for the management of multiple interrelated efforts being implemented both concurrently and consecutively, including the program development, building assessment and specification writing, design and construction, furniture procurement and installation, IT services installation and move and relocation services.